The Adler Planetarium is located on Lake Shore Drive at Chicago's Museum Campus. Opened in 1930 as the first planetarium in the western hemisphere, the Adler is home to more than 35,000 square feet of exhibits. The Adler's historical collections of astronomical instruments and rare books are among the finest in the world. The Adler is the only museum in the world with two full-size planetarium theaters. Since 1930, the wonder of the stars has been visible in the historic Sky Theater.