The aircraft entered service with the French Navy in August 1939,
within three months five aircraft had been lost due to structural
failure of the wing. All the remaining aircraft were grounded and
withdrawn from use.
The first originally developed Soviet machine gun was the 7.62mm FP (Degtyarev Pekhotny, i.e. Infantry), which appeared in 1926.
The DP was the first of a series of Degtyarev machine guns adopted by the Soviet Union.
A tank version called DT (Degtyarev Tankovy) may still be found on older Soviet armored vehicles in use among Ex-Soviet allies and the third world countries.
Photos 2 & 3: MKFI @ Wikimedia Commons
Photographed in the "Winter War - 70 years" exhibition in the Military Museum of Finland
Liliput - a small 36mm point-and-shoot camera produced in 1937-1939 at the State Optical & Mechanical Plant, Leningrad.
It had a bakelite body, fixed-focused f9/38mm lens, behind-the-lens leaf shutter and Albada viewfinder. Instead of regular film rolls or cassettes, the Liliput used special cartridges for eight or twelve 24x24mm frames.
14 boats of the Type IXB were built by AG Weser Bremen. This was the most successful class of U-boats, or for that matter any class of submarines based on tonnage sunk per boat during the Second World War. Each of these ships sank over 100,000 tons of Allied shipping. They were slightly larger than the IXA boats and had a significantly longer operational range of 24,600 miles on the surface at 10 knots. The U-107 of this class had the most successful war patrol of any U-Boat in the war sinking nearly 100,000 tons of Allied shipping off Freetown Sierra Leone while U-103 sank over 237,000 tons of Allied shipping during 11 war patrols over the course of 4 years. These boats were involved in Operation Drumbeat off the coast of the United States in early 1942. U-123, commisioned on May 30, 1940 was a Type IXB U-boat of the German Kriegsmarine that operated during World War II. Her victories: 42 ships sunk for a total of 219,924 gross register tons (GRT). Scuttled at Lorient, she was raised after World War II to became the French submarine Blaison (Q165) until she was decommissioned on 18 August 1959.