Known as 'destroyer leaders' or 'flotilla leaders' in other navies, French 'counter-torpedoboats' were the largest and most powerful of the interwar heavy destroyers. The Tigre, commissioned in 1926, had five 5.1" guns and 55000-SHP turbines on 2126-ton displacement.
She was scuttled in Toulon in 1942, raised by the Germans, taken over by the Italians and later returned to France. The Tigre fought with the Allies and has a distinction of being the only ship of her 6-unit class to survive the war. She was decommissioned in 1954.