Saturday, January 23, 2010

Red Arrow

Diesel motor coach M290 Class – Tatra 68

Only two units were manufactured for the Czechoslovak railways (ČSD). Called Slovenská strela (Slovak Arrow), in the 1930s they were used for the fast connection between Prague and Bratislava, covering the distance in 4 hours and 28 minutes with a maximum speed of 130 km/h (regular timetable was scheduled for slightly slower average speed).
They were taken out of service when World War II started in 1939. Afterwards, they were only deployed in local connections.

No comments: