The Gnu was introduced to the world at the 1937 Commercial Motor Show and its official designation was the TEC2. Five of these revolutionary coaches (HVW213-7) were delivered new to City Coach of Brentwood in Essex in August 1939 and numbered G2-6. They carried dual door 39 seat bodies by Duple.
Sadly the Gnu’s twin-steer arrangement did not find favour with operators and only 8 in total were built. A change to regulations allowing a 30ft PSV on 2 axles meant that the idea was soon dropped. (Source)