This aircraft has nothing to do with the favorite mount of Manfred von Richthofen. Actually, it was painted blue.
The KomTA was designed in Soviet Russia as a replacement for the Sikorsky heavy bomber. The models were tested in wind tunnel, and the construction started on January 1, 1921. The triplane, powered by a pair of Fiat A-12 engines, was ready for flying tests only in March, 1922. After two unsuccessful take-off runs the KomTA was extensively redesigned and rebuilt.
Finally it made its maiden flight in 1923, with Apollinary Tomashevsky at the controls. After a series of tests the KomTA was deemed unreliable, transferred to Serpukhov flight school for use as a non-flyable training device, and then scrapped.