A six-engined inverted sesquiplane the Caproni Ca.90 was designed as a heavy bomber and first flew in 1929. It had two tandem pairs of 1,000 hp (746 kW) Isotta-Fraschini Asso inline piston engines mounted above the lower wing, each pair drove a four-bladed pusher and a two-bladed tractor propeller. Another pair of engines was mounted above the fuselage.
Only one Ca.90 was built. Although the Dornier Do X flying boat that flew later in 1929 had a larger wingspan and weight it remained the largest landplane until the arrival of the Tupolev ANT-20 in 1934.
- Length: 26.95 m (88 ft 5 in)
- Upper wingspan: 34.90 m (114 ft 6 in)
- Lower wingspan: 46.60 m (152 ft 11 in)
- Height: 10.80 m (35 ft 5 in)
- Wing area: 496.60 m2 (5,345.4 sq ft)
- Empty weight: 15,000 kg (33,069 lb)
- Max takeoff weight: 30,000 kg (66,139 lb)
- Powerplant: 6 × 1,000 hp Isotta-Fraschini Asso inline piston engine
- Maximum speed: 205 km/h (127 mph; 111 kn)
- Endurance: 7 hours
- Service ceiling: 4,500 m (14,764 ft)
- Guns: defensive machine-guns
- Bombs: 8000kg
Source: Wiki (EN)